Young people with learning disabilities are among the most marginalised groups in society and have some of the hardest barriers to break through. All too frequently they are isolated, like invisible citizens.
Give a young person the gift of freedom this Christmas
Each year our activity camps offer young people aged 14-18 the life-changing opportunity to make friends, have fun, and increase their confidence and independence. What they experience during the camp continues to benefit them long after they leave, both in everyday life and their transition to adulthood.
For families, the camps provide an essential break from being carers and the chance for parents to spend dedicated time with their other children.
Because of the highly specialised support required, running these camps isn’t possible without the kind donations of individuals and businesses.
Your donation will go straight to helping us raise the £42,000 we need to ensure that young people and their families experience the freedom that these camps can offer.
- A gift of £10 can give a young person the chance to take part in a fun activity like trampolining.
- A gift of £30 can help pay for a trip to a country park for 20 young people.
- A gift of £75 can cover the cost of an accessible minibus for a day.
- A gift of £100 can pay for a disco where young people can have fun and make friends.
- A gift of £250 can pay for 10 young people to take part in a creative activity, like pottery painting.
Make a donation or sign up to direct debit giving by 31 December and be entered into a prize draw to win an iPad Air 2 (kindly donated by Olive Communications). Terms and conditions.